Its yet another rainy and cold day here in the midwest. Apparently showers and the cold air are set to stay around until at least friday--break on saturday--and return by Monday. And so the fall air continues to come in, seemingly early this year. It makes me wary about what this Halloween night will bring, at least weather wise. My children are ready to go--My oldest is going to be Captain Rex, Clone trooper from the cartoon networks CLONE WARS. Seems you are never to young or to old to appreciate Star Wars. My middle one is going to be a cheetah--yet again! Hers is literally the easiest costume to make--Black shirt, Black pants (in my case we got some with sparkles, cheetahs like the bling--then I simply put Cheetah fleece on the cuffs, necklind, and ankles. Add the ears and tail and draw the nose and whiskers! DONE--AND since I tack the fleece on, take it off and there are the sparly pants and black shirt for the fall and winter! My youngest is my most stubborn--and this year creative....She has decided to truly mix and match costumes--she is a bit of Hannah Montana (gotta have the guitar and mircophone), a Wizards of Waverly Place, and a fairy. It was quite the ordeal, but we got it settled!! Now--I have to figure out what my husband and I are going to be--nothing like leaving it to the last minute!
Back to this wonderfully dreary day--the leaves are falling, the rain is dropping, the wind is blowing. I have spent my day with my niece and youngest daughter listening to their games while working on another baby blanket. I have come to the conclusion that all my ideas are just too much for me to bring to fuition. I draw and contemplate, sew and crochet, yet somehow I fall flat when actually getting it all out there. I have numerous supplies, all for an idea here of there that I have come up with--perhaps I have a bit of ADHD, who knows. I know that once I find that niche, it will all become clear.
As I end my afternoon, I don my newest crochet wool socks (love these) and prepare to brave the cool evening to visit with relatives from San Antonio. Four children will be intow--my three and my niece. We will brave the weather, eat with the family, and I will return alone with my children to begin the nightly bedtime routine, which will inevitably include teasing, bickering, and crying. I will finally get them all to sleep and relish each moment I spend with them telling them goodnight. All and All this will have been a truly wonderful day, rain or shine---as every day is meant to be!
No comments:
Post a Comment