Monday, October 10, 2011

Time for Myself????HMMM..

AH--Monday after a wonderfully BUSY weekend! Just waking up was hard enough for me, but dragging three kids out of bed, on a cloudy, cool, morning to go to school, well that taks patience and bribery!

I realized today that I have pretty much NO TIME just for me, not before school, not after school, not in the bathroom, not after dinner, not even after my wonderful children have drifted off to school. Not that I am complaining, because I am NOT!

This morning after my kiddos got off to school I sat in the front room rading my book, waiting for my 2 year old who I watch everyday--the text came in "keeping him with me today, see you tomorrow". HUH, I have the entire day to myself....hmm, what to do....

I leisurely had my 2 cups of coffee, actually finished my book--awesome! Then what....then what? Paid monthly bills, had a fiber one bar...the house was already cleaned after having had my youngest's birthday party the day before. So what did I do...on a day I have to myself...

I decided to take on my bedroom closets--purging if you will the numerous articles of clothing I no longer wear, or at can fit into....well, just getting rid of things! I spent the next 4 hours working my closets! Yes! This is how i treat myself to a day off...what is wrong with this picture?

And now as I type this I realize that while I did accomplish some great deep cleaning, I also missed an opportunity to savor a full day of nothing....and in just 30 more minutes I will have a housefull of children wanting snacks, teasing one another about any and everything, no privacy to even go to the bathroom without someone banging or screaming on the other side of the door!

Even as I know I don't have much time to myself on any given day; and that on vacation I even tell my husband that when the bathroom door is shut, don't bother talking to me about anything, give me the privacy....after an hour, I am already bored, wondering what to do, waiting with anticipation for the house to be filled with noisy demanding children who hold my entire heart in their hands....

Yep--I don't believe my life could get any better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PVIcreations Shop Handmade