Most people are aware that as we age, the time as we know it seems to slip away faster and faster. As our lives become filled with jobs, bills, pets, and children what we thought was just yesterday we realize was more like 6 years ago! Today my youngest turned 6, and as I usually do, I began remembering her birth, what transpired, her first bath, etc. And then I realized, its been 6 years! SIX!! Where did time go? Not only that, but my oldest is now 10 years old and in fifth grade! My middle child is in 2nd grade...its totally freaking me out!
You look in the mirror, but your reflection hasn't really changed, has it? Other than the fine lines, a few more "laugh" lines, or stress lines....huh, well still, I don't think I look that much older, or do I? Shake that thought off!
Inside I still feel like my twenty year old self, the one before the kids, before the responsibility! Except maybe smarter, maybe calmer. If only I knew then what I know now....LOL, yes that's another saying you hear alot!
I tell my father that he was right, life does speed up as we get older, and suddenly we are in our 30's married, and raising a family of our own. In the blink of an eye our baby goes from birth to kindergarten, and we wonder how is that possible! I get it now, and wish somedays that the time would slow upa nd allow me to savor the moments longer--the ones of holding my children, talking to them before bed, holding my husbands hand just a few moments more....
Ah but the show continues, there is no rewind, only the memories we carry with us--still its something to pause and relish the moments we have....
No comments:
Post a Comment