Monday, April 13, 2009

Low Carb Savy!

Obviously eating low carb foods can become tiresome. Focusing on cheese, raw and cooked vegetables, salad, more salad, fish. The idea of no pasta, no bread, no PIZZA....it can be somewhat unsettling. While I am a proponent of making changes to your diet and eating more healthy, unprocessed food (like carrots, celery, broccoli, the basic relish tray from the market), I am truly a dessert Fan! From cheesecake, to a Lithuanian Torte, Ice cream to Chocolate cake, desserts are just plain wonderful!

I must admit, I am not going strictly low carb, I am having lavosh, tortillas (the low carb ones), tons of vegetables, and if it comes to me wanting a pizza, then it will definitely be happening. However, there is a website that numerous recipes for low-carb eating, and some of the recipes are very tasty!

The website is called Linda's Low Carb Menus. This is a website that a woman put together chronicling her story and how she lost the weight. But what she has here is a major list of recipes, from desserts to main dishes, that are low carb. You can choose from a variety of foods, mix and match, add your own ideas, and just plain eat well!

My favorite recipe to date is the one for Cheesecake Squares. This is a basic recipe and doesn't take much to prepare. The only thing that I altered this time around was that I added the 1/2 cup sugar-free Vanilla Syrup (the recipe calls for davinci, but I used the Target brand. You can find this in the coffee isle at most stores). Then I added 1/4 cup Sugar-free Caramel Syrup. This added a wonderful sweet taste to the Cheesecake Squares. The texture of the Squares is much like that of real cheesecake. Only, theres no crust and just 2-3 gms of carbs per serving. Also, if you want more cream cheese, I usually use the full 16oz instead of just 12oz.

Another great website to keep on your list is that of Dotti's Weight loss Zone. This website detail what to eat with regard to a low carb diet as well as Weight Watchers. Also, there is a list of restaurants and what to order to keep your carbs down or your weight watcher points in check. There are over 500 restaurants listed with numerous menu choices to help keep your diet working for you without feeling deprived.

Of course you also have to throw in the usual--'exercise is key' point. So, I have increase my walking, decreased the carbs (eating some pizza over the weekend and absolutely splurging on the holiday). And so, the journey continues.....

1 comment:

  1. OMG, your article was great I used it last weekend. I found another website with a bunch of good how 2 articles. The website is Wacanai.com ( http://www.wacanai.com/intro ). My friends and I have been using it for the last few weeks and it is sooooooooo perfect!!! We posted a few of our own recipes on it. You can put your link on it too, so more people will read your article!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

PVIcreations Shop Handmade